Drain Line Cleaning In Fort Myers
Drain line cleaning is necessary to keep your HVAC system running at peak efficiency. It is especially true if you have a high-volume air handler. If left uncleaned, the drain lines can become clogged with debris that causes the fan blades to work harder than they should. As a result, this can cause premature wear and tear on the unit. So contact us today for the Drain Line Cleaning in Fort Myers, Naples, Bonita Springs, Cape Coral, FL, And Surrounding Areas.
Ways To Prevent Clogs in the Drain Line
- HVAC drain line cleaning is often neglected until they become clogged. It can lead to various problems, including mould, mildew, and even structural damage. If not cleaned regularly, these issues can cause serious health risks.
- You can use many different methods to clean your HVAC drain lines. Some people use a simple vacuum cleaner, while others prefer a snake-like tool. Whatever method you choose, follow the manufacturer’s instructions carefully for drain line cleaning.
- It is always best to have your HVAC system inspected annually to prevent future issues. A professional inspection should include checking the drain lines for any blockages or debris.
- Once the drain line cleaning is completed, adding some anti-mildew product is recommended to help keep them free from mould and mildew to prevent further clogs.
Signs of Blocked Drain Line
If you notice that your system’s airflow is not working properly, this could mean that either the drain line has been clogged or something else has happened to cause airflow issues. To determine if the drain line is blocked, you can check the room’s temperature. If the room is warmer than normal, then you know that the drain line is blocked.
Drainage issues often cause moisture problems. You should check them regularly to make sure they are not clogged.
Mould growth is usually associated with humidity levels. When the humidity level rises, mould grows, causing blockages in drain lines. If the humidity level is high, then you need to lower it.
Tips for Maintaining Drain Line
- Drain line cleaning should ideally be done before winter. It can help prevent clogs and other problems during the cold season.
- When using a pressure washer, use the proper nozzle size. A small nozzle will not get into the crevices of the drain lines and could damage them.
- It is suggested to carry out drain line cleaning at least once yearly. It helps avoid clogs and other issues that may arise from debris buildup.
- Turn off the water supply while cleaning the drain line. It prevents any water from getting back into the pipes.
- Use soap and warm water to clean the drain lines. You should use a soft brush to remove any accumulated debris over time.
- After cleaning the drain lines, let them dry completely before turning on the water supply again.
HVAC drain lines are often overlooked when it comes to maintenance. They can become clogged easily and cause serious problems if not cleaned regularly.
Drain line cleaning is one of the most important services any HVAC technician should provide. Island Aire Of Southwest Florida Inc provides the best HVAC services. Schedule an appointment to know more.