Warning Signs of a Failing AC
Keep an eye out for these out-of-the-ordinary signals that your air conditioner is trying to send you so that you know it’s time to get it fixed. Contact an HVAC expert if you notice the following signs:
- Frequent Cycling: When the desired temperature is reached, the air conditioning unit shuts off, and the cooling cycle begins again. Constantly turning on and off your HVAC system is bad for efficiency and puts unnecessary strain on the machine. It’s likely broken and putting off fixing it will only make the problem worse.
- Hot Air: The thermostat should be checked first when warm air begins to flow from a vent in your home. The airflow or the compressor may be at fault if warm air continues to escape the vent. If you’d prefer not to mess with HVAC repairs and maintenance yourself, contact AC service companies in Fort Myers, FL.
- Water Leaks: Air conditioners use refrigerant to cool the house, and their operation might cause condensation. However, neither of these fluids should pool outside the house or seep inside. Any visible leakage around your air conditioner should warn you that something is wrong with the operation of the cooling system.
- Low Performance: This is a cry for help if you notice a decline in your air conditioner’s performance, such as when even the lowest temperature setting does not bring the room temperature down. The technician will tell you if the item can be fixed or if a replacement is necessary.
- Hefty Electricity Bill: Increased energy costs are one such indirect indication that repairs are necessary. The cost of running an air conditioner increases as its ability to create cool air decreases. If your energy expenditures are higher than usual, it may be time to have your air conditioner serviced.
Get Regular AC Repair and Servicing
It would help if you had a professional come and check over your air conditioner after the summer to ensure nothing is wrong. During these inspections, the service tech will be able to service and correct minor issues, such as loose nuts and screws. They will also identify and address any problems that, if left untreated, could result in the need for expensive AC replacement in Fort Myers, FL.
Hire The Best in Town!
What our customers say!
By following some basic heater and air conditioner maintenance practices like changing your air filters regularly and scheduling semi-annual maintenance…
Indoor Air Quality
The quality of your indoor air starts with your central air filter. Island Aire of Southwest FL can provide you…
Efficiently Cool and Heat Your Living Spaces with Ductless Mini-Splits Many Fort Myers, Naples, Bonita Springs, Estero, Cape Coral, Pine Island, and Sanibel Island,…
Island Aire Of Southwest Florida Inc is a hands-on energy efficiency services company serving large public utility…